The Tanzania Ports Authority (TPA) presently owns Dar es salaam, Tanga, Mtwara Ports and all lake ports in Tanzania. Tanzania Ports Authority was established on 15th April 2005 following the repeal of THA Act No. 12/77 and enactment of TPA Act No. 17/2004.
- To establish and coordinate system of Harbours.
- To provide facilities relating to Harbours and provide harbour services
- With the approval of the Minister, to construct and operate new Harbours
- To construct, operate and maintain beacons and other navigational aids
- To carry on the business of stevedore, wharf age or lighter man.
- To act as a warehouseman to store goods, whether or not the goods have been or are to be, handled as cargo or carried by the Authority
- To consign goods on behalf of the other persons to any place either within or outside the United Republic
- With the approval of the Minister, to act as carriers of goods or passengers by land or sea, and
- To provide amenities or facilities that the Authority considers necessary or desirable for persons making use of the facilities or services
For more Information please contact:
Tanzania Ports Authority,
Dar Es Salaam,
Tel: (255) 22-2116258
Fax: (255) 22-2113432/2112938