The Grain Terminal has a fully automated silo for handling import and export grains. Discharge is by a grab/hoppers system including three bagging units. Grain is transferred from the quay by 10 dump tractors. The silo is aerated and temperature controlled and has a holding capacity of 30,000 tons. Fumigation facilities are also available to protect the grains against damage by moulds or insects.
Port of Dar es salaam
Import and Export facility for grain such as Maize, Wheat and Rice.
Concrete Silo, 30,000 Tons consisting of 24 main and 14 interstice Bins.Warehouse 1500 Tons of Grain in bags.
10 Trucks for carrying grain to and from the ship.
- 2 receiving lines of 125 tons per line per hour.
- Consisting of 2 dump pits, 2 independent chain Conveyors, 2 buckets elevators and 2 distribution chain conveyors on silo deck.
- 3 outtake lines of 125 ton per line per hour to bagging station. Consisting of 2-belt conveyors and 1 bucket elevator.
- 3 bagging lines, consisting of one surge bin, with holding capacity of about 100 tons feeding 3 bagging lines with automatic weighting and sewing, capacity each line 30 tons per hour.
- 2 Recirculation line of 125 tons per hour, consisting of two conveyors one chain conveyors, one bucket and one bucket elevator and two distributing chain conveyors on silo deck.
- 16 direct Trucks loading spouts and one central truck loading point.
- 2 Fumigation equipment for incoming and recirculating grain
- Aeration equipment for the main silo bins.
- Temperature monitoring system for each silo bin.
- Truck Weighing Bridge, capacity 40 Tons
- Office for Staff
- Sanitation Building